This week, a few friends and I finally launched our new project! A role-playing game stream played and written by authors here in Utah. 😉 Here is the press announcement:
A group of successful science fiction, fantasy, and gaming writers are preparing to launch a new universe together—in a format they’ve never tried before! TypeCast RPG will be an ongoing role-playing game that streams live on Twitch every Tuesday night from 7–10MST.
The members of TypeCast RPG will adventure in a world they’ve collaboratively created named Vaeron. Throughout the sessions, the dungeon master and five game players will make use of the Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition rule system to take their characters through a dark and heroic world in which cities have been built on the backs of slumbering eldritch monsters, stone-age dangers lurk in the lands below, and sky-ships plunder both land and air!
The cast includes:
- Dan Wells will serve as the Dungeon Master for the group.
- Charlie N. Holmberg will be playing Fleeda, a Stone Age human druid with complicated family problems.
- Alan Bahr brings forth Seggrwyrd, the gentlest (and biggest) Jotunnblut barbarian you’ve met.
- Robison Wells is Grummund, a scoundrel sky dwarf pirate you’ll cheer for.
- Mari Murdock is Grisk, a half-orc rogue torn between profit and faith, and willing to switch allegiances for the right reward.
- Brian McClellan is Krustov, the kleptomaniac necromancer cleric and atheist (yes, it’s that confusing).
After the livestream wraps up, video viewing will be available on YouTube, as well as a podcast intended to launch on Thursday afternoons. Various bonus content such as interviews, industry discussions for both fiction writing and gaming, and guest stars will be part of the live stream and other formats!
The authors combine for a direct social media reach of over one hundred thousand, with three million books sold in more than thirty languages. They’ve hit the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Amazon Bestseller lists. Their awards include a Hugo, a Gemmell, an SSYRA, multiple Parsecs, Whitneys, and Stabbys, as well as finalists in the RITA and Goodreads Choice Awards. They have worked on major Hollywood IPs, have multiple film options as well as a very successful podcast with sixty thousand listeners, and even an award-winning movie on Netflix.
TypeCast RPG begins April 23, 2019. They are actively looking for sponsors. For more information, email email@example.com. You can find TypeCast RPG on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Patreon, Youtube, and their website. For weekly updates about the show, join their mailing list.